Improve Performance with a Network-Attached Storage Device
Data is the lifeblood of businesses today, making the technology for storing, analyzing and delivering data among the most important elements of the IT stack. Choosing the right storage servers is critical to cost-effectively manage exponentially expanding data volumes while enabling the business to use data to more effectively make decisions, engage customers, increase productivity and streamline operations.
For many IT architects, a network-attached storage device, or NAS storage system, can provide the flexibility and performance required to achieve these data storage objectives. But constrained budgets and limited rack space in the data center make it difficult to find the right solution.
To address these needs, Aberdeen offers a series of network-attached storage devices that maximize storage density to reduce required rack space. Aberdeen solutions also reduce acquisition costs and deliver the most reliable performance available in the market today.
Why Choose a Network-Attached Storage Device?
NAS storage is a scalable, affordable storage solution that provides a central location for a wide range of authorized users and clients to access and retrieve data. This file-level storage architecture can easily handle the rapidly growing volumes of unstructured data that comprise much of an organization’s data, such as documents, text files, websites, audio, and video.
Benefits of a network-attached storage device include:
- Scale-out capacity: expanding data storage capacity with a NAS hard drive is relatively simple. Additional devices can be added as needed without needing to upgrade or replace existing servers.
- Superior system performance: a network-attached storage device takes responsibility for serving files, enabling other network devices and the system as a whole to perform better.
- Easy deployment and management: a network-attached storage device can be connected easily to the LAN and provides a simplified management interface.
- Advanced features: features such as thin provisioning, replication, and snapshots are helpful for managing virtual environments.
Overcoming Data Challenges with a NAS System
Maximize Storage Density with Aberdeen NAS Storage
NAS Storage Server
Managing Data with a NAS Storage Server
NAS: Network-Attached Storage
Managing Data Growth with NAS, Network-Attached Storage
NAS Hard Drive
How to Maximize the Capacity of a NAS Hard Drive
Custom Build Server
Custom Build Server and Storage Technology
Aberdeen Offers Superior Network-Attached Storage Devices
As a leading manufacturer of server and storage solutions for more than two decades, Aberdeen provides a family of network-attached storage devices that check all the boxes for IT teams seeking affordable scale-out capacity. Aberdeen NAS system solutions provide all the customization that IT teams require, with a choice of Windows or Linux operating systems, form factors, up to 1.2 PB of capacity and up to 78 hot-swap drive bays.
In addition, our network-attached storage devices offer the most density in the market today, helping to drastically reduce the amount of rack space needed for network storage. Consequently, Aberdeen’s NAS technology is perfect for customers seeking a better cost per TB in a device that can help to contain the data center footprint. Ultimately, Aberdeen’s family of AberNAS server storage devices outperform the competition on performance, reliability, and price.
Benefits of an Aberdeen Network-Attached Storage Device
With an Aberdeen NAS system, organizations can rely on:
- Exceptional quality. Our NAS devices are among the best-performing, highest capacity, most power-efficient and most reliable storage devices available.
- Full customizability. Every network-attached storage device from Aberdeen can be customized to your exact needs – our minimum order quantity (MOQ) is 1.
- No hidden fees. We embed a recovery feature into our AberNAS products so they cannot be lost, corrupted or repurposed.
- Lower cost. Our low and highly competitive prices ensure you can get the most value for your data storage budget.
The Aberdeen Advantage
Aberdeen has been building customized, affordable, highly scalable and ultra-reliable servers and storage for more than 25 years. Today, our devices are trusted by the IT departments in many of the world’s largest organizations, yet we provide full customization for customers of any size – from the smallest business to the largest enterprise, with a minimum order quantity (MOQ) of 1.
With Aberdeen, you can also count on:
- Peace of mind. We provide a 5-year warranty for every network-attached storage device, warranting that our products will be free of defects in materials for five years and that they will be free of defects in workmanship for the lifetime of the product.
- A free evaluation period. Our free 30-day trial lets you try a fully configured system before you decide to buy it.
- A high-level contact. We assign a high-level point of contact to every customer, no matter the size of their company or budget, who can help to answer questions, configure systems and ensure your Aberdeen device is everything you need.
FAQs: What is a Network-Attached Storage Device?
What is a Network-Attached Storage Device?
A network-attached storage device is a data storage technology that enables multiple users and clients on a network to store and access data in a central place. A network-attached storage device is typically an appliance that can be connected to a network with an Ethernet connection.
Why Use a Network-Attached Storage Device?
Network-attached storage, or NAS, is a scale-out technology that allows IT teams to affordably and flexibly add capacity to data storage centers. Because a network-attached storage device is responsible solely for serving files, it can help to improve system performance by taking file-serving responsibilities away from other devices.
Get started today.
Aberdeen offers an evaluation program to ISV's and OEM's looking to test a product for functionality and compatibility. We will build a test unit to your specifications and offer it for a period of 30 days.