Overcoming Data Challenges with a NAS System
As organizations large and small struggle to manage rapidly expanding data volumes, IT teams are looking for solutions that can accommodate more data at a lower cost while continuing to deliver the performance that organizations for competitive advantage. Many teams are designing storage systems with network-attached storage (NAS) that offers scale-out capacity while improving performance and increasing fault tolerance. With an affordable NAS system, IT teams can solve their data storage challenges despite constrained budgets, deploying solutions with greater flexibility to accommodate future data storage needs.
For organizations seeking superior NAS system solutions, Aberdeen offers the best, highest capacity, most power-efficient and most reliable storage devices in the market today.
A NAS System Offers Scale-Out Capacity
For IT architects considering data storage needs today and tomorrow, the options come down to a choice between scaling up and scaling out.
Scale-up technology involves determining the data storage capacity required for some time and then building a solution to satisfy it. While scale-up technologies have some flexibility and expandability, they are primarily intended to meet a specific need for a specific number of years.
Scale-out technology allows a company to deploy data storage technology that can grow laterally as storage needs to expand, adding capacity in the future rather than buying extra capacity today for anticipated needs tomorrow.
As a simpler and more straightforward approach to data storage, scale-up solutions tend to cost less per byte, though they require a higher upfront cost. Scale-out solutions offer more flexibility moving forward when you don’t know now how much more capacity you’ll need in one, three or five years.
A NAS system is an ideal choice for organizations choosing a scale-out approach, as adding more capacity to a NAS system is relatively easy. Current servers don’t need to be upgraded or replaced, so new storage can be brought online without shutting down the network.
One of the biggest concerns about network storage servers is the increased cost and physical footprint required as a NAS system grows. That’s where Aberdeen’s NAS storage solutions can help.
Maximize Storage Density with Aberdeen NAS Storage
NAS Storage Server
Managing Data with a NAS Storage Server
NAS: Network-Attached Storage
Managing Data Growth with NAS, Network-Attached Storage
NAS Hard Drive
How to Maximize the Capacity of a NAS Hard Drive
Custom Build Server
Custom Build Server and Storage Technology
Custom Build Server Contd.
Meet Data Challenges with Custom-Built Servers
Maximize Storage Density with an Aberdeen NAS System
For IT teams seeking to solve data challenges with a scale-out NAS system, Aberdeen provides a family of NAS storage server solutions that maximize storage density while minimizing cost per TB. The AberNAS series of storage devices offer a wide range of choices in platforms, form factors, and hot-swappable drive bays. As a leading manufacturer of servers and storage technology, Aberdeen has earned its well-deserved reputation by providing fully customizable hardware that customers can configure to their exact specifications.
With Aberdeen rackmount NAS solutions, you can choose Windows or Linux operating systems as well as a variety of features to support the most dynamic and demanding network infrastructures today. And backed by an industry-leading, 5-year warranty, Aberdeen’s options for a NAS system provide the reliability and performance that every IT team needs from their data-storage technology.
Benefits of a NAS System from Aberdeen
With an Aberdeen NAS system, organizations can rely on:
- Unparalleled quality. Aberdeen provides affordable, durable, highly scalable award-winning NAS servers.
- Embedded protection. Our AberNAS products have an embedded recovery feature so servers cannot be lost, corrupted or repurposed. OS recovery to factory default OS image is available from separate embedded flash memory to permit quick and easy recovery after drive failure or corruption.
- Lower cost. Aberdeen’s NAS systems offer an extraordinary value, with affordable pricing and maximum density that lowers the cost of scale-out storage.
- Full customizability. Every network-attached storage device from Aberdeen can be customized to the exact specifications of a customer’s data center.
Why Source Your NAS System from Aberdeen?
Aberdeen NAS systems provide:
- A 5-year warranty. We offer an industry-leading five-year warranty that our materials are free of defects, and a lifetime warranty that our products are free of workmanship defects.
- A transparent process. You won’t find any opaque purchasing processes at Aberdeen, and no lengthy questionnaires to fill out or site visits to complete. Rather, you can simply visit our website, configure a system and get a price immediately.
- A 30-day trial. We’re so confident in the quality of our NAS systems that we offer a 30-day free trial that allows you to evaluate a fully configured system before you purchase.
- Extraordinary service. Because customers come first at Aberdeen, we provide every company, no matter their size or budget, with a high-level point of contact within our organization. Providing dedicated one-on-one service, our experts are always available to help ensure you get the exact products you need.
FAQs: What is a NAS System?
What is a NAS System?
A NAS (network-attached storage) system is a file-level storage architecture where dedicated storage appliances are connected to a network to provide a central location for data storage. Multiple users and clients can easily access the data in a NAS system, which is usually connected to the network via an Ethernet connection.
What are the Advantages of a NAS System?
A NAS system provides an easy solution for scaling out the capacity of a data center. NAS devices are comparatively inexpensive and easy to install, allowing IT teams to quickly and flexibly increase data storage capacity as needed. And because a NAS server is dedicated only to serving files, it can take those responsibilities off of other devices to increase system performance.
Get started today.
Aberdeen offers an evaluation program to ISV's and OEM's looking to test a product for functionality and compatibility. We will build a test unit to your specifications and offer it for a period of 30 days.