How to Maximize the Capacity of a NAS Hard Drive
As IT departments look for ways to manage quickly expanding data volumes, many are choosing network-attached storage (NAS) solutions to scale out capacity quickly and easily. Data enables organizations today to improve every aspect of a business, from engaging customers to optimizing operations and improving productivity, and a NAS hard drive has the potential to deliver the performance that organizations need to extract maximum value from their data.
One significant issue with NAS storage server solutions is a lack of space in the data center to accommodate more rack servers. For organizations seeking a more space-conserving NAS hard drive solution, Aberdeen provides network storage technology that maximizes density while minimizing cost.
Why Choose a NAS Hard Drive for Data Storage Needs?
A NAS network attached storage system is a dedicated file storage system that provides access to a central data store for multiple users and heterogeneous client devices. As a scale-out storage technology, a NAS storage system makes it easy to increase capacity by adding additional NAS hard drives. When the existing system reaches capacity, IT teams can simply add another array to expand the system.
Additional benefits of a NAS hard drive include:
- Simple deployment and configuration. A new NAS hard drive can be quickly and easily deployed through an Ethernet connection to the LAN. NAS architectures often come with simplified scripts or as appliances with an operating system already installed, minimizing the effort required to implement the system and set it up.
- Improved system performance. Because a NAS hard drive takes responsibility for serving files away from other devices, those devices and the entire system can realize increases in performance.
- Lower cost. A NAS hard drive is typically less expensive than a storage area network (SAN) solution, enabling IT teams to manage growing data volumes more cost-efficiently.
Custom Build Server
Custom Build Server and Storage Technology
Custom Build Server Contd.
Meet Data Challenges with Custom-Built Servers
Build Custom Server
How to Build Custom Server Solutions
Custom Rackmount Servers from Aberdeen
Custom Storage Server
Custom Storage Server Solutions from Aberdeen
Enterprise Storage Solutions
Enterprise Storage Solutions from Aberdeen
Aberdeen Offers NAS Hard Drives with Industry-Leading Performance
Aberdeen provides a series of NAS hard drive solutions that make NAS architecture extremely attractive for IT architects managing rapidly expanding data stores. The AberNAS family of storage devices provides maximum storage density to drastically minimize the rack space required for data storage. An Aberdeen NAS hard drive is extremely cost-competitive as well, lowering the cost per TB of data storage technology.
With capacity up to 1.2 PB, choice of Windows or Linux operating systems and up to 78 hot-swappable drive bays, Aberdeen NAS hard drives can be custom-configured to the exact specifications of any data center. And with the exceptional performance and unparalleled reliability that Aberdeen hardware is known for, IT teams can have the confidence that their Aberdeen technology represents the best, highest capacity, most power-efficient and most reliable storage devices on the market today.
What Makes Aberdeen NAS Hard Drives Better?
Aberdeen NAS hard drives provide you with:
- Industry-leading performance from your NAS architecture.
- Completely customized hardware based on your exact specifications.
- A lower cost, thanks to highly competitive pricing on all of our NAS products.
- No hidden fees for hard drives and no client accessing fees.
- Protection from loss, corruption, and repurposing with an embedded recovery feature in each device.
Aberdeen: Your Premier Source for Servers and Storage
For more than 25 years, Aberdeen has been providing customized enterprise storage solutions for customers of all sizes, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. We don’t do “prepackaged” – every one of our affordable, durable, highly scalable and award-winning servers and storage devices is tailored for the exact needs and specifications of our customers.
A NAS hard drive from Aberdeen offers:
- An industry-leading 5-year warranty Our warranty is based on our complete confidence in the quality and reliability of our NAS hard drives. We warrant that your system will be free of defects in materials for a period of five years and that it will be free of workmanship defects for the lifetime of the product.
- The opportunity to try before you buy. Our free 30-day trial lets you evaluate a fully configured system for one month before you purchase it.
- Unrivaled customer service. We provide every customer, no matter the size of the company or budget, with a high-level point of contact to help address all of your needs and questions.
- A stress-free purchase process. Unlike our competitors, we won’t make you go through a site visit or fill out lengthy questionnaires. To customize your NAS hard drive, you can simply visit our website, configure your device online and get an immediate price quote.
FAQs: What is a NAS Hard Drive?
What is a NAS Hard Drive?
A network-attached storage drive, or NAS hard drive, is a data storage device with a file-level architecture that provides a centralized location for storing business data. Multiple users and client devices throughout a network can easily access the data on a NAS hard drive, which is typically connected to the network via an Ethernet connection.
What are the Benefits of a NAS Hard Drive?
A NAS hard drive provides an easy scale-out storage solution, as IT teams can quickly and easily add additional drives to a system as data storage needs increase. NAS technology is fairly cost-effective and helps to improve system performance by taking file-serving responsibilities away from other devices. And because NAS devices are easy to install and use, IT teams can minimize the amount of time required to manage NAS storage.
Get started today.
Aberdeen offers an evaluation program to ISV's and OEM's looking to test a product for functionality and compatibility. We will build a test unit to your specifications and offer it for a period of 30 days.