3rd Generation Linux NAS
Aberdeen AberNAS 64-bit Linux servers are based on a 3rd Generation Linux OS featuring a streamlined and intuitive web-based GUI, system memory support increases from 4GB to 512GB and volume size increases from 16TB/per volume for older model Linux NAS to 8EB (Exabye)/ per volume for the new series. The AberNAS Linux-based servers provide a robust open storage platform that can be tailored to optimize any IT manager's most stringent requirements. The AberNAS N31L-Series delivers enterprise-class NAS storage capacity while offering the flexibility of iSCSI target capability.
As the best valued all-in-one NAS plus iSCSI storage server, the new AberNAS L-Series Storage System provides speed, simplicity, ease of management and dependable storage. Configured with a separate OS DOM to provide system reliability and stability, the AberNAS N31L may utilize sixteen RAID optimized hard drives. Choose from extreme performance SAS 6G 15K drives to more cost effective RAID ready SATA 7200rpm drives. The AberNAS can provide a RAID 0, 1, 5 or 6 storage environment. The SAS expansion port allows for expansion with one of Aberdeen's new 3U 28-bay or 4U 45-bay JBOD enclosures for incredible storage expansion.
Faster I/O Connectivity
All new Sandy Bridge storage servers and NAS feature PCI-E 3.0 slots. PCI-E 3.0 provides double the available bandwidth of PCI-E 2.0. Next generation PCI-E 3.0 controllers and adapters can attain much faster speeds. Expansion slots are important for add-on cards such as GbE or 10GbE network interface controllers and 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel adapters for storage expansion. The new AberNAS N31L features 6 unoccupied expansion slots.
E5-2600 Xeon Processors
Based on a new Intel microarchitecture and Intel's leading-edge Sandy-Bridge technology, the latest Intel Xeon processor E5 product families deliver up to 80% more performance than previous-generation processors. They offer more cores, cache, and memory capacity, and include Intel® Integrated I/O, which increases I/O capacity and reduces latency up to 30%.
Intelligent Platform Management Interface
For hardware-level platform monitoring and control functions, the IPMI protocol utilizes an out-of-band network to provide a flawless and secure path for mission-critical applications when regular in-band connectivity is lost or is unresponsive. Remote access for monitoring and administration allows the server administrators to view a server's hardware status remotely, receive an alarm automatically if a failure occurs, and power cycle a system that is non-responsive.
10GBASE-T Simplifies the Transition to 10GbE
The Intel X540 family of products works with existing networks today. It works with legacy Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches and Cat 6A cabling. The auto-negotiation between 1 GbE and 10 GbE provides the necessary backwards compatibility that most customers require for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE. When time and budget allows, 10GBASE-T switches can be added any time to experience the full benefits of 10 GbE.
AberNAS L-Series New Options:
- Active-Passive HA
- Synchronous Replication (Box to Box Mirroring)
- Asynchronous Replication
AberNAS L-Series Highlights:
- VMware NAS and iSCSI storage certified
- IPMI w/KVM over LAN for Remote Server Management
- Support for 6TB HDD for maximum storage capacity
- Intel E5-2600 Series Support
- 512GB Memory Support
- PCI-E 3.0 Support
- Intel® X540 Dual port 10GBase-T
- 3rd Generation OS featuring streamlined and intuitive web-based GUI
- Volume Size increases from 16TB per volume to 8EB (Exabye) per Volume
- Support for 3DNS per server instead of single DNS
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 Configurable
- Automatic drive insertion / Removal Detection and Rebuilding
- Custom GUI Management Interface
- Virus Resistant Operating System
- iSCSI Target Capable
- JBOD expansion without the need for an additional RAID controller
- Supports Direct Attached Storage Expansion with XDAS
- Embedded Flash OS Recovery
Unified & Hybrid NAS + iSCSI Storage Appliance
The Aberdeen AberNAS L-Series is a network storage appliance equipped with highly optimized NAS OS dedicated for storage centric applications featuring high-performance, reliable file-sharing and file-serving. It is designed and built with the concept of what a True Storage Appliance should be for data availability and redundancy. The custom Linux OS unifies NAS(network share), iSCSI/IP-SAN functionalities, and Fibre Channel Target support into one single device, so that IT staff no longer needs to make a choice between NAS or iSCSI, or even FC.
IP-SAN – iSCSI Target & Initiator
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Linux OS with lots of customization and re-engineering
- Intuitive web-based GUI to configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI device
- Excellent file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCS
- FC(Fibre Channel) Target volume option to enable true "Unified & Hybrid storage" appliance
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS or EXT4 options
- File-sharing for clients across heterogeneous OS platforms
- Support Teaming over 2 or more Gigabit NICs
- Support popular 10Gb NICs
- Support 10Gb or 40Gb Ethernet over Infiniband for selected brands/models
- Supports most external RAID subsystems (DAS)
- Capacity scalable via direct-attach external RAID, JBODs, or via remote iSCSI targets
- Supports OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) to eliminate mechanical wear and tear
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure
- Portable RAID volume (Tape-Live) for removing a RAID/disks to be stored off site
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as a local disk to that host computer and provides block device services instead of file services.
- iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and then create NAS volumes or iSCSI volumes on top of it.
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for capacity scalability
- iSCSI volume can also be protected by snapshots
Aberdeen AberNAS N21L SSD NAS Review - "The Aberdeen AberNAS N21L brings a highly customizable 2U NAS to market that offers enterprise-grade flash storage at a tolerable price point that's capable of driving up to 3GB/s throughput."
Aberdeen AberNAS N31L Review - "The Aberdeen AberNAS N31L provides users with a seemingly infinite array of configuration options to meet specific use cases needs. Performance scaled well.."
AberNAS Awarded Best-in-Class - "It's hard to argue with the excellent specs of ...the Aberdeen AberNAS 260/360... are far and away at the top of the class for small enterprise storage arrays... with a broad range of networking and storage options for such a low price"
DCIG Buyer's Guide
Building Upon Success - The AberNAS 265 triples the storage capacity of the original AberNAS 211 thus truly providing, "the most storage capacity you can get for your money" - "Storage Central"
"The AberNAS won't disappoint businesses in need of lots of storage capacity at a very good price."
"Aberdeen's AberNAS line grows with your company"
"Stirling 1U servers deliver improved operational efficiency within a dynamic VMware environment"
"Exceptional processor performance, dynamic scalability, and increased stoarge capabilities"
Aberdeen brings an industry leading 5 Year Warranty to the table with every fully configured AberNAS rackmount server. Our custom configured rackmounts and along with our pre-configured Stirling line of servers and AberNAS network appliances come with a 5 Year Warranty standard unlike of some other companies' 1 or 3 year warranties. Take advantage of the speed, storage and security of the AberNAS by Aberdeen.
Aberdeen offers a 30 day trial assessment program on completely configured servers. We are so confident that once you try one of our custom configured rackmount servers you will not only be completely satisfied with the evaluation unit but will choose Aberdeen to fulfill all your future rackmount server needs.
Redirecting to configurator...