Full SSD NAS - Perfect for High-IO / Low Latency Enterprise Needs
With SSDs growing in popularity and acceptance, Aberdeen seized the opportunity to bring this ultra-high performance technology to the enterprise level storage environment. Aberdeen developed this enterprise data storage device based entirely on SSD technology, engineering it from the ground-up to deliver the full performance potential and capabilities of an SSD array-based storage device. The Aberdeen N21 NAS Series delivers the sustained low latency required to meet the demands of today's virtual infrastructure configurations.
Recognizing the need in the marketplace for an affordable high IOPS device for VDI packages and database applications, among others, Aberdeen has created the N21 SSD NAS. This exciting new product has been designed to maximize the IOPS potential of SSD technology, while handling any mixed workload with simultaneously heterogeneous application and/or user access to its storage.
3rd Generation Linux NAS
Aberdeen AberNAS 64-bit Linux servers are based on a 3rd Generation Linux OS featuring a streamlined and intuitive web-based GUI, system memory support increases from 4GB to 512GB and volume size increases from 16TB/per volume for older model Linux NAS to 8EB (Exabye)/ per volume for the new series. The AberNAS Linux-based servers provide a robust open storage platform that can be tailored to optimize any IT manager's most stringent requirements. The AberNAS N21L delivers enterprise-class NAS storage capacity while offering the flexibility of iSCSI target capability.
As the best valued all-in-one NAS plus iSCSI storage server, the new AberNAS L-Series Storage System provides speed, simplicity, ease of management and dependable storage. Configured with a separate OS DOM to provide system reliability and stability, the AberNAS N21L may utilize sixteen SSDs. The all SSD RAID array provides low latency and higher IOPS. Applications that will benefit include video streaming, virtual desktop environments, and big data analytics. Additionally, the SSD array inherently draws less power than a mechanical drive array which translates to improved data center efficiency with reduced energy costs.
Faster I/O Connectivity
All new Sandy Bridge storage servers and NAS feature PCI-E 3.0 slots. PCI-E 3.0 provides double the available bandwidth of PCI-E 2.0. Next generation PCI-E 3.0 controllers and adapters can attain much faster speeds. Expansion slots are important for add-on cards such as GbE or 10GbE network interface controllers and 16Gb or 8Gb Fibre Channel adapters for storage expansion. The new AberNAS N21L features 6 unoccupied expansion slots.
E5-2600 Xeon Processors
Based on a new Intel microarchitecture and Intel's leading-edge Sandy-Bridge technology, the latest Intel Xeon processor E5 product families deliver up to 80% more performance than previous-generation processors. They offer more cores, cache, and memory capacity, and include Intel® Integrated I/O, which increases I/O capacity and reduces latency up to 30%.
Intelligent Platform Management Interface
For hardware-level platform monitoring and control functions, the IPMI protocol utilizes an out-of-band network to provide a flawless and secure path for mission-critical applications when regular in-band connectivity is lost or is unresponsive. Remote access for monitoring and administration allows the server administrators to view a server's hardware status remotely, receive an alarm automatically if a failure occurs, and power cycle a system that is non-responsive.
10GBASE-T Simplifies the Transition to 10GbE
The Intel X540 family of products works with existing networks today. It works with legacy Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switches and Cat 6A cabling. The auto-negotiation between 1 GbE and 10 GbE provides the necessary backwards compatibility that most customers require for a smooth transition and easy migration to 10 GbE. When time and budget allows, 10GBASE-T switches can be added any time to experience the full benefits of 10 GbE.
AberNAS N21L Special Features:
- Targets Affordable VDI and Database Applications
- SSDs Deliver 320,000 IOPS (4K Random Reads Specifically for VDI)
- All SSD Drives Fully Tested for Compatibility
- Expanderless, Direct Attached Backplane to Eliminate Bandwidth Bottlenecks
- Onboard Dual 10GbE Ports (1GbE compatible)
- Enterprise level SSD and/or Mechanical drives
- 6 PCI-E 3.0 x8 Available Expansion Slots
- Dual Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 Processors
AberNAS L-Series New Options:
- Active-Passive HA
- Synchronous Replication (Box to Box Mirroring)
- Asynchronous Replication
AberNAS L-Series Highlights:
- VMware NAS and iSCSI storage certified
- IPMI w/KVM over LAN for Remote Server Management
- Intel E5-2600 Series Support
- 512GB Memory Support
- Next generation PCI-E 3.0 Support
- Intel® X540 Dual port 10GBase-T
- SAS 6G RAID provides faster signaling and increased data throughput
- 3rd Generation OS featuring streamlined and intuitive web-based GUI
- Volume Size increases from 16TB per volume to 8EB (Exabye) per Volume
- Support for 3DNS per server instead of single DNS
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 Configurable
- Automatic drive insertion / Removal Detection and Rebuilding
- Custom GUI Management Interface
- Virus Resistant Operating System
- iSCSI Target Capable
- Supports Direct Attached Storage Expansion with XDAS
- Embedded Flash OS Recovery
Unified & Hybrid NAS + iSCSI Storage Appliance
The Aberdeen AberNAS L-Series is a network storage appliance equipped with highly optimized NAS OS dedicated for storage centric applications featuring high-performance, reliable file-sharing and file-serving. It is designed and built with the concept of what a True Storage Appliance should be for data availability and redundancy. The custom Linux OS unifies NAS(network share), iSCSI/IP-SAN functionalities, and Fibre Channel Target support into one single device, so that IT staff no longer needs to make a choice between NAS or iSCSI, or even FC.
IP-SAN – iSCSI Target & Initiator
- Highly efficient OS based on 64 bit Linux OS with lots of customization and re-engineering
- Intuitive web-based GUI to configure, access and monitor the NAS/iSCSI device
- Excellent file transfer rate for all types of protocols: NFS, AFP, CIFS, FTP, and iSCS
- FC(Fibre Channel) Target volume option to enable true "Unified & Hybrid storage" appliance
- Robust Journaling File Systems – XFS or EXT4 options
- File-sharing for clients across heterogeneous OS platforms
- Support Teaming over 2 or more Gigabit NICs
- Support popular 10Gb NICs
- Support 10Gb or 40Gb Ethernet over Infiniband for selected brands/models
- Supports most external RAID subsystems (DAS)
- Capacity scalable via direct-attach external RAID, JBODs, or via remote iSCSI targets
- Supports OS on DOM (Disk-on-Module) to eliminate mechanical wear and tear
- Multiple Volume Snapshots, Schedulable & On-Demand
- Remote Monitoring and Remote Email Notifications
- NAS-to-NAS Folder Replications: Scheduled Differential and Scheduled Full Copy with Compression
- Include iSCSI target & initiator functions for IP-SAN infrastructure
- Portable RAID volume (Tape-Live) for removing a RAID/disks to be stored off site
- iSCSI Target function allows a certain portion(s) of the storage to be partitioned as iSCSI volume(s) and assigned to specific host computer, appearing as a local disk to that host computer and provides block device services instead of file services.
- iSCSI initiator function allows the NAS to mount remote iSCSI target volume as its local physical storage, and then create NAS volumes or iSCSI volumes on top of it.
- Combination of iSCSI Target and Initiator support between multiple NAS units can be used as one of the method to do Multi-NAS-Aggregation for capacity scalability
- iSCSI volume can also be protected by snapshots
Aberdeen AberNAS N21L SSD NAS Review - "The Aberdeen AberNAS N21L brings a highly customizable 2U NAS to market that offers enterprise-grade flash storage at a tolerable price point that's capable of driving up to 3GB/s throughput."
Aberdeen AberNAS N31L Review - "The Aberdeen AberNAS N31L provides users with a seemingly infinite array of configuration options to meet specific use cases needs. Performance scaled well.."
AberNAS Awarded Best-in-Class - "It's hard to argue with the excellent specs of ...the Aberdeen AberNAS 260/360... are far and away at the top of the class for small enterprise storage arrays... with a broad range of networking and storage options for such a low price"
DCIG Buyer's Guide
Building Upon Success - The AberNAS 265 triples the storage capacity of the original AberNAS 211 thus truly providing, "the most storage capacity you can get for your money" - "Storage Central"
"The AberNAS won't disappoint businesses in need of lots of storage capacity at a very good price."
"Aberdeen's AberNAS line grows with your company"
"Stirling 1U servers deliver improved operational efficiency within a dynamic VMware environment"
"Exceptional processor performance, dynamic scalability, and increased stoarge capabilities"
Aberdeen brings an industry leading 5 Year Warranty to the table with every fully configured AberNAS rackmount server. Our custom configured rackmounts and along with our pre-configured Stirling line of servers and AberNAS network appliances come with a 5 Year Warranty standard unlike of some other companies' 1 or 3 year warranties. Take advantage of the speed, storage and security of the AberNAS by Aberdeen.
Aberdeen offers a 30 day trial assessment program on completely configured servers. We are so confident that once you try one of our custom configured rackmount servers you will not only be completely satisfied with the evaluation unit but will choose Aberdeen to fulfill all your future rackmount server needs.
Redirecting to configurator...